Thursday, January 22, 2009

Supertubes and super thieves


Past four days in Jeffrey's Bay -- home of Supertubes, one of the most famous surf breaks in the world. Lovely here, but torrent winds have made the waves a bit messy and unsurfable. Virtually no one in the water. Managed to surf the first day. Lots of paddling around on my belly...with a little tap dance session on the board. No offers to go pro just yet....

Woke up at sunrise to shoot some photos of this very chill, very beautiful, windy wonderland.

Have stayed a little longer than planned, as my credit card number was "cloned" when I was up north and has been used by someone to take jusssst about half of my savings out of my account. Burly, loving thanks to Mom for bailing me out. Toes crossed that Wells Fargo recognizes that no good tourist would spend thousands of dollars at Eckharts Drug Store.

Bump in the road. Keeping the spirits high. Off to Jo'berg tomorrow than up out of South Africa and on to Tanzania.

3 comments:

  1. Argh! So sorry to hear it! Keeping a good thought it's straightened out sooner rather than later! This little time out looks like it was super cool in the meantime... P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of you often and am sending you hugs and love. Keep on keepin on! LOVE the pics! Love Rach and Sarah Lucille xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Murray-
    I have been following you each day... and will post more comments along your amazing journey! You know I adore every pic you snap. Sending you encouragement when needed and love every day. Many smiles and laughs! Skip :)

    ReplyDelete