Sunday, April 12, 2009

Game Plan for 2066

Folks have been asking. So here it is. The game plan:

First stop: Boulder to reconnect with home, tulips and kind-hearted friends.
Next stop: Maine to scream Swahili football cheers at Mar while she breathes through contractions. I will be staying throughout the month to teach baby Grady about fashion, cook tagines with my mom and convince Billy to practice morning yoga with me.

June - ?: I’m thinking about a road trip to share late-night kitchen conversations and sun-filled games of Frisbee golf with many of you. Holler if you’re game.

Along the way, I’ll be working on web projects for the organizations that I visited during the trip. Hoping to write a few freelance pieces about the adventures. And lastly, I’m working on securing funding for the
Push Play project.

Push Play is an idea to expose the lives of 8 extraordinary female athletes around the world through a video podcast series. I’d set off on another trip to capture the stories. Additionally, I will give each woman a simple digital camera and teach her how to blog. Lastly, I will set up a Web site that would share the professionally produced videos, the blogs and give users the opportunity to donate directly to the athlete’s organization. Here’s the full Push Play game plan. Any and all leads or suggestions are welcomed with open arms.

This was my first attempt at blogging and it became a really important rhythm in my days, as a practice and a way to make my experiences feel shared, even when they were experienced independently. Thanks for following the blog over these months. There will be more stories to tell in this blog on future adventures, but for now....

The End. 

3 comments:

  1. You are a strong, strong woman who has worked very hard for yourself and others to get where you are today. Your selflessness and willingness to give more then you take is to be admired and has had and will continue to have a huge impact on others throughout the world. We are very proud of you and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. does this mean you are in the boulder vicinity??!!!!! would LOVE to see you, share hugs and stories.. food and beer would be nice too.
    xo
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations to your sister, i hope you have so much fun being an aunt... i'm in the same place you described after turning 30 (for me it was last september)- but at loose ends after the galveston hurricane and without a family or partner, working part time for now, just waiting for the things floating around in my head to come into some sort of focus that i can do something about... you are lovely motivation... most of my friends have no idea what to say when i tell them my around the world trip idea...
    -andeejo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete